Eid-ul-Adha 2015 Salah at 9:00am
Eid mubarak to you and your family. We pray to Allah (swt) that He accept the effort of all those who are performing Hajj this year, aameen.|
Eid salah will begin at 9:00am on Thursday, September 24th, 2015 at the following location:
Lawrence Street Recreation Center
510 Lawrence St NE, Marietta, GA
Please bring prayer rugs or sheets to the prayers and plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled salah to avoid delay in parking and be on time to salah. We encourage you to carpool.
Sunnah on the day of Eid-ul-Adha:
Take a shower
Put on the best clothes available
Apply ittar (permissible perfume)
Recite the Takbir of Tashreeq loudly while going to Eid prayer
Use two separate routes to and from the Eid salah location
Have breakfast AFTER Eid salah
Slaughter the animal after the Eid salah
Construction Update - First Phase Completed
Thanks to Allah's guidance and your generous contributions, we have now successfully completed the first phase of the construction. We have installed a sewer line, and deceleration lanes on the new property, as were required by Cobb County. Please see the attached pictures. Our estimate for the cost for the first phase construction was $147,500.00 plus/minus $5000.00. We are very pleased to inform the community that the actual cost of the first phase was $151,400.00.
Newly added 'decel lane' going from West to East on Ernest Barrett Parkway.
View entering into the Masjid property 'future parking lot'
We are ready to begin the next phase, which will be to construct part of the parking lot and first building on the property, insha'Allah. Our engineering group is expecting that the permit for the parking lot will be granted in approximately two weeks
But we cannot complete this next phase until we have collected all our pledges.
We are kindly asking that you fulfill as much of the pledge as you can. We are at a critical stage where we need the money to complete the next phase of our construction.
You can donate by clicking the Donate to Masjid Construction Fund on right column or mail your donations to:
View entering into the 'future parking lot' of the new Masjid
Masjid Al-Hedaya Construction Team
Construction Update - First Phase Progress
We are very excited to share with everyone that we are close to completing the first phase, alhamdulillah. With the completion of this phase, we will have the new entrance and exit from the parking lot, and the sewer line work completed, all of which the county required us to do.
Insha'Allah, we are reviewing the plans for the second phase now. The second phase includes grading the property, installing a new sewer line on the properties, adding a detention pond(s) and constructing the parking lot for approximately 100 cars (this is half of the total of 200 parking spaces). Insha'Allah, these plans will be submitted to the county for review and approval in a couple of weeks.
We are grateful to Allah (swt) and our community's support for helping us complete the first phase. Please continue to pray for the progress of this work because everything that we are doing is only for the sake of Allah (swt). And please continue to donate generously as we need your support to complete the next phase of constructing a new Masjid.
Masjid Al-Hedaya Construction Team
Alhamdulillah, Masjid Al-Hedaya of Marietta closed on the new property
New Masjid Property and Construction
Listen to Surah Ar-Rahman recited by Imam Sheikh Showqi
|Click here to Listen Surah Ar-Rahman (The Beneficent)|
Pillars of Islam
What are the five pillars of Islam?
They are the framework of Muslim life: testimony of faith, prayer, Zakat (charity), fasting, and the pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able. The prophet said: Islam is based on five principles:
1. The declaration of faith: To bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) is His messenger to all human beings till the Day of Judgment.
2. Prayers: Muslims perform five prayers a day as a duty towards Allah. Prayers strengthen and enliven the belief in Allah and inspire man to a higher morality. They purify the heart and prevent temptation towards wrongdoing and evil.
3. Zakat: The literal and simple meaning of Zakat is purity, wealth is purified by paying Zakat. As all things belong to God, wealth is therefore held by human beings in trust. Zakat means giving a specified percentage of ones wealth to certain classes of needy people.
4. Fasting during the month of Ramadan: Muslims during the month of Ramadan not only abstain from food, drink, and sexual intercourse from dawn to sunset, but also from immoral behavior. Fasting teaches love, sincerity and devotion. It develops a sound social conscience, patience, unselfishness and will-power.
5. Hajj (Pilgrimage to Mecca): It is to be performed at least once in a lifetime, by those who are physically and financially able to do so. The Ka'ba, which is in the city of Mecca, is the first house of worship appointed for mankind and was built by Abraham and his son Ishmael (Peace Be Upon Them).
DONATE online via Paypal:
All donations are Tax deductable under Federal Tax ID: 58-2074361
Masjid's Operations Fund
Masjid's Construction Fund
Support Qur'an Academy
Topics of Interest:
This month in Islam:
Rabi-Ut-Thani is the 4th month in the lunar calendar. Read More....
The Islamic calendar (or Hijri calendar) is a purely lunar calendar. It contains 12 months that are based on the motion of the moon, and because 12 synodic months is only 12 x 29.53=354.36 days, the Islamic calendar is consistently shorter than a tropical year, and therefore it shifts with respect to the Christian calendar.
Hijri Converter, Zakat Calculator etc. Click here to access.